Meditation is a great way to connect with yourself and learn to listen to your inner voice. Studies show that meditation can help reduce stress, something that will help you through pregnancy, childbirth and motherhood.
To begin meditating you can take a class or purchase a guided meditation.
Here are some recommended meditations for pregnancy:
- Childbirth without fear guided-meditations − A set of guided meditations that will help you deal with the 9 most common fears regarding childbirth.
- Meditations to support a healthy pregnancy and successful childbirth − The pregnancy guided imagery inspires confidence and positive body image; helps induce feelings of safety, relaxation, protection and support. It also sets the stage for easier labor and deeper connection with the baby. The second part is the childbirth guided imagery, which eases discomfort, focuses breathing, increases trust in the body’s wisdom and the miraculous birth process.
- The Preventive Medicine Center − Calm Birth Advanced Childbirth Methods – The Calm Birth Method raises the level of health in childbirth while reducing the need for interventions or risky medical procedures during labor.
- Divine Delivery − Guided Meditations for Pregnancy and Childbirth – The CD will take pregnant woman to “the soul of your child” and make her become more aware of her baby and the many changes it undergoes.
- Heartstrings: Visualizations for Pregnancy − It contains a program of music-evoked visualizations specifically created for use throughout the pregnancy.
- Imagery and Meditations for support during your First Trimester (Enhance Pregnancy) − It contains general prenatal relaxation exercises with scientifically accurate imagery of the baby’s development − a chance to “check-in” with how you’re feeling, both physically and emotionally.
- Visualizing Pregnancy − It contains CDs that bring results-oriented guided meditations specifically designed for pregnant women in any stage of pregnancy; contains step-by-step voice instruction and powerful sensory imaging
- Meditations for Pregnancy − Guided Meditations with David Harshada Wagner − Master Teacher Harshada Wagner helps the pregnant listener to relax her body, quiet her senses, and deepen her connection with her baby
- HypnoBirthing: The Mongan Method: A natural approach to safe, easier, more comfortable birthing (3rd Edition) − HypnoBirthing exercise book that relaxes the mind and promotes positive thinking, relaxation, visualization, breathing and physical preparation for natural, intervention-free birth.
- Meditations for Pregnancy: 36 Weekly Practices for Bonding with Your Unborn Baby1 − Meditations for Pregnancy is written by an expert in pregnancy and childbirth to provide guidance and comfort to the mother-to-be throughout the 36 weeks of her pregnancy.